Monday, March 30, 2009

ABOUT SRI PEETHAMBARA IYER

About Sri Peethambara Iyer
During early 1970 I was working at Srivilliputtur of Ramnad Dt f Tamilnadu.. I came across an article in one of the Tamil monthly by name “Manjari”. This is almost like Reader’s Digest. This monthly used to condense articlew of interest from the various tamol magzinees and print it in the form of a monthly magazine.
In one of the articles I found that it had mentioned a Gentlman name Peethambara Iyer who performed in the presence of Sri Chandrashekharendra swamiji at Kancheepuram. The photograph it carried was of an orthodox gentleman with shawl and sacred ash smeared on his forehead. In one of the feats he threw a steel ball weighing about 1 kilo above and the ball stayed in the space above his head for nearly 5 minutes until he asked the ball to descend.. He also produced several unseasonl fruits. The stage was set in the middle of the hall and not on one end of the hall and nor in a corner. I really got curious and wrote to the Editor of the magazine “Manjari” and wnted to know the source of the article. They gave me the address of the original weekly which had published the article. I wrote to this magazine in turn and they gave me the address of Sri Peethambara Iyer which was near Tirucharapalli of Tamilnadu. I worte to Sri Peethamabara Iyer and after waiting for nearly 3 months I got a reply. He had asked me whether he can arrange for a show at Sriviliputtur and also written to me that he is well versed in Mani (gemsmology), mantra(sacred chants) and Aushadha(medicine) and also occult science where in he can drive away evil spirits. I approached the authority of the Pennington library who had a big hall and requested them as to whether they were interested in conducting q show. They outright refused stating that the are only interested in conducting cultural meets. (the pennington story is another chapter. The original trustees of the library were Brahmins and due to their quarrel they were outnumbered and driven out. This will be another story which I shall write later on). So I wrote to Sri Peethambara iyer about the sponsorship and asked him whether he can impart the knowledge to me. He wrote to me stating that he is already in the early 80’s and he can impart the knowledge only when his disciple has served him honestly for at last 12 years. I told him that I am only interested in seeing that the knowledge is not lost and also asked him whether he has any diciples at present. For this I did not find any reply.
I do not know whether there are any one at present who are the diciples of the Grear Peethambara Iyer.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know sri peethambara iyer disciple ....please contact me jasjagadeesan@gmail.com

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PEETHAMBARA IYER BOOK FOR SALE CONTACT MASMADHAN@YAHOO.CO.IN PDF FORMAT

8:29 AM  
Blogger ஜெகதீசன் said...

Dear madhan i want that book
It is my mobile number may you contact me 822014725
My email id:
Jagastranger@gmail.com

1:22 AM  
Blogger ஜெகதீசன் said...

Dear madhan i want that book
It is my mobile number may you contact me 822014725
My email id:
Jagastranger@gmail.com

1:23 AM  
Blogger sankareeswaran said...

Pls share pdf book. My contact no 9962919533

9:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dear jagadeesan, i'm unable to reach you to the mail id jasjagadeesan@gmail.com.
Please let me know if you have other mailid or the contact no.
My mailID: sridhar.sarves@gmail.com

4:41 AM  
Blogger ஜெகதீசன் said...

Please contact me at jagastranger@gmail.com

8:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dear mathan


My no 9952134101

9:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How much it costs

9:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mr. Peethambara Iyer of Krishnarayapuram PcP639102village between Karur and Kulithalai is my maternal uncle to me my grand mother's brother. Are you referring to this gentleman? If so contact me in 9486937263 S Rajaraman < asram135@gmail.com >

4:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

He is well known Magician during Maha periava days. I have seen in my age performing Peethambaram Magic in my village with his magic stick. 3 or 4 service assistants used to be there He with his Pranayama exercise bring his Pranan near side eye brows and become light weighted and he will be in the form of Lord Ranganatha of SriRangam. His body will raise up to 5ft from ground and their one assistant will place the magical stick on the side cheek to create equilibrium. Once he referred to me about a call from USA some University but he said to me He rejected this request die to his age early 80s. Rajaraman

5:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

9381201451

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home