Saturday, March 28, 2009

IS T MAGIC OR SUPERNATURAL OR SLIGHT OF HAND???

IS IT MAGIC OR SUPERNATURAL OR SLEIGHT OF HAND?

During the late 1950 I was working as an engineer in the Kundah Hydro Electric Scheme ,Emerald camp, Niligiris Dt of Tamilnadu stt.
During that period there was one Superintending Engineer by name Er Arasu who was very much a staunch theist. At that perid the name of Sri Sathya Baba was not very famous nor he had lots of followers. Er Arasu came to know that the Baba is visiting a nearby village by name Ithalar which was about 3 km from the Emerald camp. He contacted csome one and invited Baba. His schedules arrival was by noon of that day. Er Arasu sent words to the project area and asked that any engineer who is inter3sted can attend . We should know that ErArasu was a task master. I had one Er Prabhu ( a native of Mangalore who was of the rank of Assistant Executive Engineer. So both of us had heard that Baba performs miracles qnd wanted to see his miracles first hand. So both of us left the work spot and rushed and occupied the front seats and squatted.. A shamiana was constructed using new tarpaulines which were available in store, and GI pipes. An officers chair had been ket over which a silk saree was draped. In front of the chair was kept one teapoy over which ws kept one silver plate with flowers and banana fruit. There was another plate which was empty. Some joss stick had been lighted and also two big sized oil lamps which had 5 wicks. Some of the ladies were singing some religious ongs and mind you none of the songs which are at present authorized by the Sathya Sivam Sundaram Group were known to them.!!!
By around 12-15 Pm Baba arrived with an entourage of about four persons. None had seen the photo of Baba earlier . Baba was led to the chair by Ert Arasu and accounts officer Parameshvaran Pillai. Baba st in the chair for about 5 minutes and everyone expected that he will deliver a sermon. It did not happen. One of the members of the entourage asked the accounts officer to light the camphor and show it to Baba. With solemnity Paramashivan pilai took the other silver plate and heaped a small quantity camphor in the center and lighted it and circulated it times in the front of Baba. Baba withdrew his sleeve and showed his hand about a foot above the flame. Believe me the silver plate which was about 15’ diameter got filled upto the very top almost like a cone with ash. Even if Baba had hidden ash balls rolled in the palm or in between the fingers it could not have the plate. Both me and Er Prabhu collected the ash which was distributed to all those who had assembled. Both of us were unable to find out as to how so much of ash could be produced!! After this Baba left the place.. Me and Er Prabhu wanted to test whether the ash wll vanish after sometime. Even after about 6 months it was there. Remember that at that time neither I nor Er Prabhu were even remotely connected with Baba in any manner.(Er Prabhu retire as Chief Engineer designs I the Tamilnadu E B and I believe that he is settled at Chennai)

2)I have already mentioned about one mohammed in my earlier blog. The villagers of Koomapatti were a bit afraid of Mohammed because they thought that he knows some charms and controls some evil spirits. Once he had come to office to recive his pa and one of the Er Guruswamy told me that he is capable of produced sweets like chololates and biscuits form emply space by the swinging of his arms in the air.
I called Mohamed and asked hm whether it is true. He told me that5 he did have great powers once and he has renounced most as due to the ill effect it has spoiled his family life and also he lost his son.
He had come with a torn sleeved coat and a turban . I asked him whether he can produce any thing out of thin air. He told me that he sdhall try. So I asked to pull his shirt and the sleeve of the coat back and stretch his hand up. He simply removed his coat and then he pulled his shirt sleeve as far back as possible. The engineer had told me that he had produced chocolate. Earlier. So I asked his to life his hand to the sky and clench it. He did as I told. Then I asked him to produce red sugar lump. He stared to the sky and as if he is commanding told in a stern voice that the officer is asking for red sugar lump and get it immediately. After about 3 minutes or so he opened tha palm of his hand and there were red sugar lumps. Mohammed id not know before hand that I am going to aske of red sugar lump and could not have hidden it any where as I had asked him to stretch his hand above and also had asked him to hold his hand above his head.
This feat was witnessed by Er Madananavaji, Er guruswamy Er Chandrashekahar and the rest of the staff of the Sub Division of Alagarq Dam Irrigati0on Scheme (Project Investigati0n Subdivision Ramnad Dt Tamilnadu. I think that all the engineers I have mentioned must have retired..
Mohammed gave me a lump and asked me to taste it. I took and small bit. It was like the sugar only. I tried to give him Rs 20/- and he flatly refused stating that if he receives any money for it he will be troubled by evil forces. I packed the rest of the sugar lump and kept it in my suitcaase for a long time. It did not vanish even after 6 months.

3)at the beginning of 1970 u was at HAUR IN Dharmapuri Dt of Tamilnadu investigation for storage reservoirs.
Near Harur there is a place called “Pappireddypatti’ from there there is a road connecting the main road (Harur salem road). Near the junction of this road on the left side of the road lived a sort of hermit. He was known as “Etti Mara Samiyar”. This is because he had constructed a hut under the Etti tree. The Etti nuts are supposed to be very very bitter and nobody dares to tasted it as it may even result in death. I ws curious to see this samiyar. So I went along with some engineers working under me. The hut occupied about 10’x10’ and on ne side there was a raised platform on which some photos of deities were kept. Also there was a Javelin(VEL) implanted on the ground.
Lots of people used to come to him. As soon as they come he never used to ask them as to what purpose they have come and he just used to stare at them and start first describing their house and the problem they are facing. He also used to give them solutions if any. He never used to ask for any money or fees for his service If at all they want to gve anything the samiyar used to ask them to place it near the javelin.. He has his family even though he had cut his ties long back and the family memb3rs who were well off used to send him lunch and dinner. There ws a stream nearby and he used to wash and also use the water form the stream. The hut did not have any doors. In hs hand he had a nerly one foot long on inch diameter steel rod. Sometimes he used to throw it above his head and there was an L shaped branch of the ETTI tree and this rod used to get attached to it and fall after some 5 minutes or so when commanded by the samiyar.. One of the lascars told the Samiyar that I(Me) am an engineer and doing work on a project to help the residents of the village Papparpatti. He did not talk much. I request him whether I can see the miracle of the rod being stuck to the tree.he waited for about 5 minutes without talking. Then just uttered some thing and threw the rod upwards. It did stuck to the tree Then I requested him wether I may be allowed to touch the rod which was considred as sacred. He asked me that I should wash my hands f\and feet and enter the hut. I did accordingly. The L shaped bent in the tree was just . five feet from the ground level. I tok the rod and in all solemnity try to find out what it contined. It had got polished due to its long handlng. I did not find anything wire or any such thing in the tree. When I took the rod to the tree and held it it did not get stuck.

I do not know what to say for all the above facts . May be there are things about which we are still ignorant. .

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hi good post sir and your blog is informative

3:22 AM  
Blogger Raj C said...

Atleast the one I saw in Mysore was a fake one. I could see the thread running for the Gurus big toe into the idol and he made the idol move! He has a great name in mysore, but I dont want to name names.

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home